Pub Insurance

UK & Ireland Insurance Services (Online) Limited can help you get the right insurance for your pub, bar or club.

Insurance for bars, pubs & clubs

Some of the covers to think about include:

  • Public liability insurance, which can protect you if someone suffers an injury or damage to their property as a result of your business
  • Employers liability insurance, which you’re likely to need if you have employees (if you need it and don’t have it, you could be fined)
  • Buildings insurance, which can cover your premises for damage caused by a disaster like a fire or flood

We can tailor a policy to the needs of your business.

What types of Injuries can people suffer in your pub, bar or nightclub?

Common injuries suffered on pub and bar premises leading to injury compensation claims include:

  • Falls due to ill maintained equipment such as chairs and tables.
  • Tripping on broken tiles and carpets.
  • Slipping in flooded toilet facilities.
  • Burns where hot food and beverages are served.
  • Falls due to excessive crowding.
  • Food poison where food is prepared and served

How to prevent injury claims in your pub, bar or club.

  • Provide adequate staff training for all staff.
  • Make sure that you have enough staff - do not be understaffed.
  • Conducted daily maintaince checks on flooring and furnishings before you open.
  • Have and implement a crowd control policy.
  • Have a security policy in place especially for events.
  • Have an accident policy – report all accidents into an accident book.
  • Report all criminal activity to the police.
  • Don’t serve customers who are obviously under the influence of alcohol.
  • Provide appropriate signage.


Employers Liability Insurance for pubs

If you hire full-time, part-time or temporary staff you will require employer’s liability insurance as it is a legal requirement.


Your bar, pub or club will probably rely on a busy rota of staff to keep the kitchen and bar moving. You may also have cleaning staff on the books too to keep the place spick and span. 

Chefs, waiters, bar tenders and cleaners will usually come into contact with a mixture of high-risk equipment, intoxicated customers, heavy objects and strong chemicals during their shift.


What happens if one of your hard-working staff suffers and injury whilst carrying out the duties?

This is where Employers' liability insurance steps in and covers your legal costs.

Buildings insurance for bars, pubs and clubs

Buildings cover is an optional cover to your bar, pub or club insurance. The reason for this is that it is typically down to the owner to sort out the buildings cost. And with most pubs now being tenanted the buildings cover may already be covered but you should check your contract to make sure as it may still be your responsibility under your lease agreement.


If you own the bar, pub or club then you should get the buildings covered. Remember when valuing the buildings that this should be based on the cost of rebuilding the property not how much you paid for the property or the market value.

Buildings insurance will protect your property against damaged as a result of fire, theft, flood or other risks.

Print | Sitemap is a trading style of UK & Ireland Insurance Services (Online) Limited. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England & Wales at: The Stables, Old Co-Op Yard, Warwick Street, Manchester, M25 3HB.

* For our joint protection, calls may be recorded and monitored. Calls will be charged at a maximum 5p a minute from a BT line. Calls from non-BT phone lines may vary. Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm excluding public holidays.