Why do I need public liability insurance?
It protects you and your business against the cost of claims made by members of the public (customers / people visiting your business) for incidents that occur in connection with your business
activities such as compensation for:
- Personal injuries
- Loss of or damage to property
What does public liability cover?
Public liability insurance covers you financially against compensation, legal fees and expenses that you may have to pay to a member(s) of the public (e.g. a customer, supplier, visitor or a
passer-by) following a claim against you / your business as a result of them suffering and injury or their property being damaged.
How much cover do you offer?
You can buy different levels of cover ranging from £1m, up to £10m.
Why get public liability insurance from UK & Ireland Insurance (Services) Online Limited?
When buying any insurance product, you should shop around for the best policy. Via our weblink you can compare public liability insurance with a panel of specialist public liability insurance
providers to help you find a policy that suits your needs.
Who needs public liability insurance?
You should consider public liability insurance if:
- You own business premises that members of the public, customers or clients visit
- Your business organises off site events or activities that are attended by members of the public
- You run a business from your home and people visit your home for professional purpose
Who does public liability cover?
- People visiting your business
- People taking part in events or activities you have organised
- People watching events or activities you have organised
Important: It does not cover employees, temporary staff, students or people on work placements