What is shop insurance?
Shop insurance is designed to protect business owners against the possibility of financial losses. Our specialist shop insurance will provide a business owner with protection from a range of
unexpected incidents which may occur, giving the shop owner peace of mind.
What are cover benefits on offer for my Shop Insurance?
- ✔ Cover for your buildings, contents & stock for loss or damage from following perils:
- Impact from any vehicle, plant, equipment or animal
- Theft or attempted theft
- Escape of water
- Storm or flood,
- Riot, strike, labour disturbance, civil commotion or any person of malicious intent.
- ✔ Buildings cover:
- Buildings includes outbuildings, landlords fixtures and fittings, walls, gates and fences, yards, car parks and pavements, piping, ducting, wires and associated control gear and accessories on
the premises and extending to the public mains but only to the extent of the insured’s responsibility.
- ✔ Contents:
- Covers machinery, plant and all other contents for which the business/insured is responsible, including employee’s personal effects up to €500 per employee and tenant’s fixtures & fittings
and decorations, excluding stock as it has its only section of cover.
- ✔ Stock:
- Covers stock in trade and goods in trust for which the business/insured is responsible for such as stocks of wine, spirits, beers, tobacco and the likes.
- Stock cover is automatically increased by 25% in the months of December & January.
- ✔ Business disruption:
- Covers you and your business, in the event that your premises are destroyed or damaged, leading to the business carried out at the set premises being either interrupted or interfered with.
- The insurance will cover against:
- Loss of Gross Profit
- Increased running costs
- Loss of rent receivable during the insured period
- Some common causes of business disruption are:
- Fire at your shop
- Your shop suffering flood damage
- Storm damage to your shop making it unsafe to trade from.
- Denial of access to your shop premises as a result of damage or destruction of a property within 250 meters of your shop whether or not your property is also damage.
- ✔ Fire Brigade Attendance:
- In accordance with local council requirements we cover the fire brigade charges.
- ✔ Employers Liability:
- Cover against injury to employees.
- ✔ Public Liability:
- Cover for injury or damage to 3rd parties caused by:
- Your business
- Your premises
- Damage to employees property
- ✔ Product Liability:
- Cover for:
- accidental bodily injury to any person; or
- accidental loss of or damage to property.
Summary of benefits available
We have sourced an insurance product with you in mind, where your benefit from the following covers:
- ✔ Buildings Cover up to the sum insured selected
- ✔ Stock up to sum insured selected
- ✔ Automatic 25% increase in seasonal stock cover for the months of December & January.
- ✔ Public Liability Cover up to €6,500,000
- ✔ Employers Liability up to €13,000,000
- ✔ Products Liability up to €6,500,000
- ✔ Business Interruption Cover – For up to 12 months from the incident date
- ✔ Fire Brigade Attendance Fees up to €10,000
- ✔ Breakage of Glass up to €5,000
- ✔ Goods in Transit in own vehicle up to €5,000
- ✔ Loss of Money:
- €5,000 on the premises during business hours in a safe
- €500 out of safe inside business hours
- €250,000 crossed cheques and non negotiable monies
- €500 out of safe outside business hours
- €500 in safe outside of business hours.
Click For A Shop Insurance Quote