Event Liability Insurance
Anyone who falls, trips or slips at your event could potentiallly become a claimant. Who pays if you are liable for serious damage to the venue? Equipment and property coming on site carries the risk of being damaged.
People are more aware of their legal rights, and are more willing and more able to resort to litigation to obtain compensation for injury, loss or damage caused by another party. It can be expensive to lose a legal action. Reforms to the legal system and a claimant-friendly legal environment mean that awards for personal injury continue to rise.
Everyone in business requires liability insurance; the events sector is no exception. Whether your event is a luncheon meeting or a full international convention or music festival, there are risks.
Liability Insurance Sections
Most general insurers do not provide cover for events, and if they do it is unlikely to be one developed specifically for the needs of people who organise events. The liability cover in EventAssured Online is designed for events, is based on the same quality core wording as our advised products, and provides some of the widest cover on the market .
Key features include:
- Public liability cover up to £10 million.
- Employers liability £ 10 million.
- Employer's liability is available Europe-wide.
- Contractual liability and indemnity to principal.
- Indemnity to venue owners or operators.
- 3 currency options - £, € and $.
- Indemnity to directors and employees.
- Liability for damage to venues.
Event Cancellation and Disruption Insurance
The Risks of Disruption are Real
Whether your event is a music festival with 250,000 visitors or a simple village fete, risk is present.
The following have all happened to somebody, at some time:
- The venue may not be available due to damage by fire, storm etc.
- The failure of key utilities or equipment such as power, heating, lighting, sound, kitchens, toilets, fire safety equipment,all of which have the potential to make the venue unavailable.
- Denial of access to the venue by emergency services
- Terrorism leading to closure of transport or denial of access.
- Adverse weather conditions disrupting road, rail, air, and sea transport, or affecting outdoor events.
- Strikes causing disruption to scheduled rail or airline services.
- Speakers or entertainers who fail to turn up due to illness, delays or other problems.
- Outbreaks of infectious diseases leading to quarantine or restricted access.
- Outbreaks of civil disorder - riots. This may also have indirect effects, for example by causing denial of access.
- National mourning which can lead to closure of venues.
- Inability to leave the venue at the planned time, which might incur penalties.
- Reduced attendance due to some unforeseen event or "critical mass" non attendance meaning so many people are revented from getting to the event that it has to be abandoned.
- Even volcanic eruptions in Europe - need we say more?
- There are other examples, and you may well have had difficult situations in your own events.
It is surprising how a poor Event Insurance would not cover many of these situations. Our Event Insurance can.
What is at Stake?
You could lose or have pay out some or all of the following:
- All the expenses you have incurred in staging the event.
- Additional costs which might be incurred.
- Refunds to delegates, exhibitors, sponsors etc.
- Panalties for not vacating the venue on time.
- Lost profit - for revenue earning events.
Poor Event Insurance does not cover all of this. Our Event Insurance can.
Event Property Insurance - All Risks
Equipment is At Risk
At events equipment ranges from sophisticated audio visual systems and computers down to basic tables and chairs, all of which are someone's responsibility. It is important to buy cover on the correct basis; for most equipment this should be on a reinstatement basis because if it gets lost or destroyed, you will have to bear the cost of replacement. To avoid under insurance make sure that the sums insured are calculated on this basis too. Remember to check the hire contract, If the equipment is damaged, you may be responsible for loss of hire charges whilst it is repaired.
Please note that in common with other event insurance policies, Event Insurance Online property cover in standard form is not suitable for fine art, antiques, collectibles and the like where "replacement as new" is clearly inappropriate - a different basis of valuation is required. If you need to cover this type of property, please talk to us first.
Key Features include:
- Covers event property owned, borrowed or hired for the event.
- Includes transit to, from and whilst at the event including loading and unloading.
- Reinstatement "new for old" basis of cover.
- Terrorism cover included.
- Loss of hire charges cover up to 25% of the value for hired equipment.
- Damage to venue up to £50,000.
- Optional cash cover.
The types of events we cover.
To see the types of events we cover and to get an online insurance quote use the drop down list below:
Countries we can cover.
To view the countries that events insurance can cover use the drop down box below.
PERSONAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Home Insurance |
High Net Worth Home Insurance |
Landlords Buy To Let Insurance
Mobile Phone Insurance | Student Possessions Insurance | Tenants Possessions |
Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance | Single Trip Travel Insurance | Holiday Insurance
Backpacker Travel Insurance | Gap Year Travel Insurance | Studying Abroad Insurance
BUSINESS INSURANCE PRODUCTS FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Business Liability Insurance |
Business Premises Insurance |
Directors & Officers Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance | Home Worker Insurance | Professional Indemnity Insurance
Public Liability Insurance | Shop Insurance | Commercial Vehicle | Motor Fleet | Van Insurance
OTHER WEBSITES FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Cover4BuyToLet.co.uk- Insurance for Landlords and owners of buy to let properties.
Cover4MobilePhones.co.uk- Specialist Insurance for mobile phones.
Cover4Students.com- Specialist Insurance for students in the United Kingdom.
Cover4Students.ie- Specialist Insurance for students in the Republic of Ireland.
Cover4Travel.com- Online Travel Insurance from UK & Ireland Insurance.
Saxoninsurance.com-Online Insurance services for students, graduates, nurses & young professionals.